INDIVIDUAL HEALTH INSURANCE
It’s now the law that most U.S. citizens must have health coverage. If you don’t have coverage for 3 months in a row or more, you may be charged a tax penalty.
• All plans purchased through us meet the standards of the new healthcare law.
• With Citrin Financial & Insurance at your side, you can purchase a plan directly through us or through the Health Insurance Marketplace — government-run websites where you can buy health plans.
More peace of mind for you and your family
Here are some major features of the Affordable Care Act that should help you:
• Expanded no-cost preventive care. This includes immunizations, diabetes and cancer screening, counseling for smoking and alcohol abuse, and more.
• No annual or lifetime limits on essential health benefits.
• Your kids can stay on your plan until they turn 26.
• No one can be denied coverage because of pre-existing health conditions.
Federal financial assistance
There are two new types of financial help from the federal government that may be available to you if you meet certain income guidelines. This financial help may decrease your healthcare costs, and they include:
• Help paying your monthly health insurance premium through tax credits.
• Help with your out-of-pocket expenses for care you receive through certain insurance plans for which you may qualify.
You might qualify for one or both. The federal government could pay your health plan directly. You can apply for federal financial assistance through the Health Insurance Marketplace (also called "exchange").
Health Insurance Marketplaces
Marketplaces are federal or state-run markets where you can shop, compare, and buy healthcare coverage. You'll find:
• Several levels of coverage for a range of affordable options. These are called "metal tiers".
• A calculator that will help you see if you qualify for financial help from the federal government, and if so, how much.
A simple way to compare plans to find the best one for you and to sign up on the spot.